Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chocolate Frosting Shot

Here is an AMAZING dessert recipe that I found on Pinterest and tried tonight.

It's called a chocolate frosting shot and the creator of this dessert can be found by clicking on that link.

I made some alterations to her recipe because I didn't have cocoa powder. I am a HUGE fan of chocolate Shakeology and because it's all natural (NO artificial ingredients) and loaded with super foods I like to substitute chocolate Shakeology for cocoa powder, etc in recipes.

Katie's recipe called for:

1 can full-fat coconut milk 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract sweetener to taste (stevia, etc)

Then you: "Open the coconut milk, and leave the can (or transfer to a bowl) uncovered in the fridge overnight, unless it’s already thick like mousse. (Don’t shake the can before opening.) It should get very, very thick. (If it doesn’t, you’ve gotten a bad can that won’t work for the recipe. I highly recommend Thai Kitchen Organic, because I’ve had the most success with that brand.) Once thick, transfer to a bowl (you can opt to leave out the watery bit at the bottom of the can, if you want it even thicker) and whip in your cocoa, vanilla, and sweetener with a fork, or even beaters if you want to be fancy. (For the photos on this page, I didn’t use beaters. But I did pipe the mousse out using an icing tip.) Stored uncovered in the fridge, the mixture gets even thicker." (Excerpt taken directly from chocolatecoveredkatie.com)

Okay so here is what I did if any of you have Shakeology handy. instead of 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder I just used 1/4 cup chocolate Shakeology - Ta Da! (You all thought I was making some huge alteration to it..haha, nope. I also left out the sweetener because I try to avoid as much sugary stuff as possible. Honestly, with the Shakeology, vanilla and coconut cream I didn't think it needed anything else, it tasted AMAZING! Now, I have no idea what her recipe actually tastes like with the cocoa powder and extra sweetener so I can't help you there BUT I do know the version I made was AWESOME and I will definitely be adding this recipe to my dessert keepers list!

I'm so glad I found her recipe for this delicious, quick, indulgent dessert!

I'll include the photo that was pinned to Pinterest. Mine looked the same as well if you follow her directions.

Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment